- Maintain an energy conservation policy to reduce the consumption of non-renewable resources.
- Take part in recycling by whatever means practical to achieve substantial increases in the reuse of waste materials.
- Purchase items using recycled materials wherever possible.
- Only buy products which use non-renewable resources if suitable equivalents are not available.
- Avoid the purchase of any product, wherever possible, the production or use of which pollutes the environment.
- Extend the training programme to include elements which educate the staff, contractors and others in environmental protection and ecological matters.
- The disposal of waste material from whatever source including packaging, will be strictly controlled.